Lower School (Grades 1 - 3)
if one has courage, nothing can dim the light within.
-maya Angelou, American poet
The Saint Paul’s Lower School Experience builds COURAGEOUS students by helping each student DISCOVER their identity as a learner, as a community member, and as an individual.
Teaching children to build confidence and courage is at the heart of our mission in the Lower School Program. Everything we do is designed for children to learn how to turn mistakes into opportunities, how to advocate for compassion, how to communicate powerfully, and how to take courageous risks. Our student teacher ratio in first through third grade is 1:14.
Passionate teachers in a safe environment
A safe, nurturing environment with passionate teachers and a solid support system. Our students in lower school receive encouragement every step of the way to become enthusiastic learners. The secret sauce is in our teaching staff who are driven by unrivaled passion, and are experts in their field.
Our small class sizes allow the teachers to provide individualized attention to every learner. Our core curriculum, along with our signature programs and waterfront campus with state-of-the-art facilities make Saint Paul's the obvious choice.
Saint Paul’s teachers spend quality teaching time with our daughter, and they make learning fun.
Saint Paul has given our daughter more confidence to be courageous, and the quality of the technology at her disposal is unmatched.
- sebastien brun,
former professional soccer player
- Collaborate to develop cross curricular activities and engage all learners
- Encourage our students to be good stewards of the earth and our environment
- Guide learners to be problem solvers and encourage them every step of the way
- Strive to empower learners to build self-confidence
- Address individual learning needs
- Come to school prepared and eager to learn
- Learn to respect each other and their community
- Actively participate in creating community building activities
- Begin to understand and gain their independence
- Stand up for their peers and support their friends